New Zealand’s “City of Sails”, Auckland is the main gateway to New Zealand. Situated towards the top of the North Island, it is New Zealand’s largest urban area and offers something for everyone – great beaches, a beautiful harbour, fantastic shopping and dining, bush walks and wine trails within one hour of the city centre, plus the nightlife and culture of a vibrant metropolitan city.
To find out more about Auckland, visit the Tourism Auckland website »
How to get the most out of this year's Festival
We've put together a guide to having a great experience at the 2013 Festival. It has all the answers to frequently asked questions including:
See: Tips for getting the most out of the Festival
- Where's the best place to park?
- Can I reserve seats?
- How much time should I allow to pick up tickets?
- Is there really a 50% student discount?
- Can I get coffee at the Festival?
- Will I be able to have my book signed?
- Can I buy tickets at the last minute?
Getting Here; Venue; Hotel; Refreshments; Festival Club; Bookshop & Signings; Further Information.