The Book and Beyond: Guides for educators and students
The Book and Beyond: An educator’s guide contains a collection of powerful, relevant and critical prompts for approaching books and book chats, helping teachers and librarians:
- explore children's and young adult literature and the reading experience
- captivate and develop student imagination, spark curiosity and inquiry
- increase their understanding of the world and the human experience
- create a personal connection with a book — the story and the physical object
- engage them with reading and writing.
To find out more about engaging students with reading visit the National Library Services to Schools website.